Labels

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Veggie garden litter box

One recent day I discovered that the beautiful raised garden beds that I built this spring had been enthusiastically transformed into a fecal trophy case for the neighborhood cats. It seemed a good half dozen large sized deposits were left over night next to my just emerging seedlings and more were arriving daily.

After googling "How to stop cats from using raised garden beds as litter box," (and reading some interesting ideas: habenero smoothie applied to the soil, small picket fence, blackberry canes on top of the soil, chicken wire on top of the soil, bird netting, citrus peels, etc) I decided to use a different, more midieval method: decorating my beds with 300 pointy sharp shish-kabab sticks.


I can imagine the irritation of the dignified feline visitor attempting a daily constitutional amid this maze of sharp daggers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment